Our commitment is to continually improve our environmental performance and to make sustainable contributions to our operations and to the society.
ÇİMSA bases its activities on the principles of life cycle, cyclical economy, sustainable development and continuous improvement.
- We will operate in our plants and terminals in line with laws, regulations and standards.
- By implementing the best technologies and operating procedures, we will minimize the exposure of our employees and stakeholders to environmental, health and occupational safety risks.
- We will increase the use of alternative raw materials and fuel to minimize the use of non-renewable natural resources.
- We will minimize the generation of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes in our plants and terminals, eliminate waste with safe methods, and provide recycling and reuse opportunities.
- We will identify and minimize risks for environmental emergencies.
- We will continuously develop the environmental management system and we will measure our performance.
- In all our quarry areas, we will ensure that biodiversity is preserved by preparing rehabilitation plans and encouraging the development of natural life.
- We will prepare action plans to achieve our goals, and continuously improve and follow our performance.
- We will conduct environmental impact assessment, before implementing large investment projects.
- We will implement investment projects in line with relevant laws, standards and regulations.
- We will ensure that our environmental performance continually improves and that our employees are provided with the necessary training and gain awareness, in order for them to take active role in protecting the environment.
Our Subcontractors and Suppliers
- We will ask our subcontractors and suppliers to show respect for our environmental values with occupational health and safety and we will provide them awareness training. We will require them to comply with our policies and procedures, while working at our plants and terminals.
- We will act in line with sustainable development approaches in product development, production, distribution and implementation phases, in order to minimize the impacts on human health and environment and to limit the amount of possible waste.
- We will regularly inform our stakeholders about possible environmental impacts of our operations and products, we will assess the incoming requests from them and we will be in contact continuously.
- We will cooperate effectively with the competent authorities, by exchanging information and establishing open dialogue with them, to assess the feasibility, impact, cost/return balance of the laws, regulations and standards.